- Call for contributions
- Music Programme
- Presentation instructions
- New Resonances Festival
- Related events
- Important dates
- Corporate support & Sponsorship
- Author instructions & Submission
- Conference venue
- Music venue
- Travel information
- CMMR history
- Contact us
Call for music
CMMR 2012 welcomes music contributions and sound/media installations which will be presented during concerts colocated with the conference.
This year, for the first time, CMMR is partnering with Wilton's Music Hall in East London to present two evening concerts. The concerts will take place at Wilton's during the CMMR conference on the evenings of 20 and 22 June 2012. Please visit the Music venue page to learn more about Wilton's. We invite music submissions for these concerts, as well as for sound/media installations to be set up in the Wilton's venue during concert evenings. The conference will also feature poster/demonstration sessions for which we invite submissions of musical interfaces.
Original contributions are encouraged in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Music for instruments and electroacoustics
- Live or recorded electronic music for up to 8 channels
- Augmented instruments and novel controllers/interfaces
- Instrumental acoustic music composed with algorithmic or tools based on Music Information Retrieval
- Music composed for visuals (e.g. soundtracks, multimedia compositions, etc.)
- Performances of traditional music enhanced with live visualisation or interactive technology
- Performances relating to the conference theme "Music and Emotions"
- Installations and interactive pieces
Submissions from any musical style or genre are warmly welcomed.
For pieces involving traditional instruments, an ensemble consisting of flute (piccolo/alto flute), clarinet (bass clarinet), violin, cello, piano and percussion (1 player) will be available. Submitters are also welcome to provide their own performers. Submissions of 15 minutes or less are preferred, however music of any length will be considered.
Procedures to submit music are detailed in the Author instructions & Submission section from the CMMR 2012 website. Submission implies that at least one of the contributors agrees to register and attend the conference.
Important dates for music submissions
|Music submission deadline||20th February 2012|
|Notification of acceptance||28th March 2012|
|Provision of detailed performance materials||20th April 2012|
For inquiries regarding music submissions, please contact the music chairs using the following email address: